Elemental Island
Welcome to Elemental Island! Please Log In or Register.
Elemental Island
Welcome to Elemental Island! Please Log In or Register.
Elemental Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elemental Island

Roleplay on a magical, mythical Island.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Gallery
Music of Nepal Empty
Latest topics
» Suicide Girls Uk Holiday Free Download
Music of Nepal I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 3:08 pm by dorekirst

» Mavis Dracula Xxx
Music of Nepal I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 4:45 am by dorekirst

» Trillian Astra Pro V4.2.0.20-TE
Music of Nepal I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 2:12 pm by dorekirst

» ITunesSetup
Music of Nepal I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 9:16 am by dorekirst

» ITunesSetup
Music of Nepal I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 2:40 am by dorekirst

» Avira Antivir Professional 10.0.0.1012
Music of Nepal I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 9:47 am by dorekirst

» After Effects Plugins
Music of Nepal I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 8:02 am by dorekirst

» After Effects Plugins
Music of Nepal I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 9:39 pm by dorekirst

» Adobe. Photoshop CS5.9 Extended Edition
Music of Nepal I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 7:12 pm by dorekirst

Top posters
chickengold92 (294)
Music of Nepal I_vote_lcapMusic of Nepal I_voting_barMusic of Nepal I_vote_rcap 
Lulkan (282)
kosovohp (162)
dorekirst (157)
Falcon (128)
Skylark (106)
Wyvern (57)
Aenys Valeryo (40)
lunamoonfang (39)
moonlight172 (37)
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 42 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:19 am

Music of Nepal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kosovohp
Tribe Hero

Music of Nepal Empty
PostSubject: Music of Nepal   Music of Nepal I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 2:04 am

The Newari Music orchestra consists mainly of percussion instruments, though wind instruments, such as flutes and other similar instruments, are also used. String instruments are very rare. There are songs pertaining to particular seasons and festivals. Paahan chare music is probably the fastest played music whereas the Dapa the slowest. There are certain musical instruments such as Dhimay and Bhusya which are played as instrumental only and are not accompanied with songs. The dhimay music is the loudest one. In the hills, people enjoy their own kind of music, playing saarangi (a string instrument), madal and flute. They also have many popular folk songs known as lok geet and lok dohari.

The Newar dances can be broadly classified into masked dances and non-masked dances. The most representative of Newari dances is Lakhey dance. Almost all the settlements of Newaris organise Lakhey dance at least once a year, mostly in the Goonlaa month. So, they are called Goonlaa Lakhey. However, the most famous Lakhey dance is the Majipa Lakhey dance; it is performed by the Ranjitkars of Kathmandu and the celebration continues for the entire week that contains the full moon of Yenlaa month. The Lakhey are considered to be the saviors of children.

Folklore is an integral part of Nepalese society. Traditional stories are rooted in the reality of day-to-day life, tales of love, affection and battles as well as demons and ghosts and thus reflect local lifestyles, cultures and beliefs. Many Nepalese folktales are enacted through the medium of dance and music.

The Nepali year begins in mid-April and is divided into 12 months. Saturday is the official weekly holiday. Main annual holidays include the National Day, celebrated on the birthday of the king (28 December), Prithvi Jayanti (11 January), Martyr's Day (18 February), and a mix of Hindu and Buddhist festivals such as dashain in autumn, and tihar in late autumn. During tihar, the Newar community also celebrates its New Year as per their local calendar Nepal Sambat.

Most houses in rural lowland of Nepal are made up of a tight bamboo framework and walls of a mud and cow-dung mix. These dwellings remain cool in summer and retain warmth in winter. Houses in the hills are usually made of unbaked bricks with thatch or tile roofing. At high elevations construction changes to stone masonry and slate may be used on roofs.

designer shoe warehouse
homeowner association
Back to top Go down

Music of Nepal
Page 1 of 1