Elemental Island
Welcome to Elemental Island! Please Log In or Register.
Elemental Island
Welcome to Elemental Island! Please Log In or Register.
Elemental Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elemental Island

Roleplay on a magical, mythical Island.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Gallery
Economy of Cameroon Empty
Latest topics
» Suicide Girls Uk Holiday Free Download
Economy of Cameroon I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 3:08 pm by dorekirst

» Mavis Dracula Xxx
Economy of Cameroon I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 4:45 am by dorekirst

» Trillian Astra Pro V4.2.0.20-TE
Economy of Cameroon I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 2:12 pm by dorekirst

» ITunesSetup
Economy of Cameroon I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 9:16 am by dorekirst

» ITunesSetup
Economy of Cameroon I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 2:40 am by dorekirst

» Avira Antivir Professional 10.0.0.1012
Economy of Cameroon I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 9:47 am by dorekirst

» After Effects Plugins
Economy of Cameroon I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 8:02 am by dorekirst

» After Effects Plugins
Economy of Cameroon I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 9:39 pm by dorekirst

» Adobe. Photoshop CS5.9 Extended Edition
Economy of Cameroon I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 7:12 pm by dorekirst

Top posters
chickengold92 (294)
Economy of Cameroon I_vote_lcapEconomy of Cameroon I_voting_barEconomy of Cameroon I_vote_rcap 
Lulkan (282)
Economy of Cameroon I_vote_lcapEconomy of Cameroon I_voting_barEconomy of Cameroon I_vote_rcap 
kosovohp (162)
dorekirst (157)
Falcon (128)
Skylark (106)
Wyvern (57)
Aenys Valeryo (40)
lunamoonfang (39)
moonlight172 (37)
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 42 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:19 am

Economy of Cameroon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kosovohp
Tribe Hero

Economy of Cameroon Empty
PostSubject: Economy of Cameroon   Economy of Cameroon I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 10:18 am

Cameroon's per-capita GDP (PPP) was estimated as US $2,300 in 2008,[55] one of the ten highest in sub-Saharan Africa.[56] Major export markets include France, Italy, South Korea, Spain, and the United Kingdom.[1] Cameroon is part of the Bank of Central African States (of which it is the dominant economy),[56] the Customs and Economic Union of Central Africa (UDEAC) and the Organization for the Harmonization of Business Law in Africa (OHADA).[57]

Its currency is the CFA franc. Red tape, high taxes, and endemic corruption have impeded growth of the private sector. Unemployment was estimated at 30% in 2001, and about a third of the population was living below the international poverty threshold of US$1.25 a day in 2009.[58] Since the late 1980s, Cameroon has been following programmes advocated by the World Bank and International Monetary Fund (IMF) to reduce poverty, privatise industries, and increase economic growth.[19] Tourism is a growing sector, particularly in the coastal area, around Mount Cameroon, and in the north.

Cameroon's natural resources are very well suited to agriculture and arboriculture. An estimated 70% of the population farms, and agriculture comprised an estimated 19.8% of GDP in 2009.[1] Most agriculture is done at the subsistence scale by local farmers using simple tools. They sell their surplus produce, and some maintain separate fields for commercial use. Urban centres are particularly reliant on peasant agriculture for their foodstuffs. Soils and climate on the coast encourage extensive commercial cultivation of bananas, cocoa, oil palms, rubber, and tea. Inland on the South Cameroon Plateau, cash crops include coffee, sugar, and tobacco. Coffee is a major cash crop in the western highlands, and in the north, natural conditions favour crops such as cotton, groundnuts, and rice. Reliance on agricultural exports makes Cameroon vulnerable to shifts in their prices

online shipping insurance
lawn and garden tools
Back to top Go down

Economy of Cameroon
Page 1 of 1